The Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra is committed to creating an environment that is safe for all concert-goers. To that end, please find below our Covid-19 Policy, as of November 2023.
Patrons, box office staff and front-of-house staff are not required to wear face masks at TSO concerts. That said, we acknowledge that mask wearing is a personal choice.
Concert-goers are encouraged to make use of complimentary hand sanitiser, available at various stations situated around the concert venue, including the Box Office counter.
Print-at-Home (Paperless) Tickets
The Print-at-Home ticket option is available for most concert venues. By saving an E-Ticket to your handheld device (smartphone or tablet) and presenting it to the usher on concert night, you are able to reduce physical touchpoints, thus minimising the risk of spreading Covid-19.
If you are considered a close contact, as per government requirements you must have a negative Rapid Test from the day of the concert and wear a mask, if you choose to attend the concert.
Please stay home if:
- You are sick or have cold-like symptoms (such as fever, a sore throat, chills, cough, shortness of breath, congestion, nausea, or vomiting).
- You have been directed to self-isolate or quarantine by the government agency or a health professional. Please follow the guidelines set out by the Federal and State authorities and any relevant Government Health advice.
- You are awaiting the results of a Covid-19 test.
Options for Subscribers and Ticket Buyers
Should our Covid-19 Policy impact upon your concert-going plans, please be mindful of the following ways in which you can still experience the Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra.
If you are a Subscriber:
- You have full access to TSO Online, which means that you can watch live-streamed concerts from Federation Concert Hall. A fortnight after the concert, live streams are uploaded to TSO Online for further viewing as part of our Video on Demand service. Concerts remain active at Video on Demand for 30 days.
- A new initiative – Second Chance Ticket – means that should you miss attending a concert for any reason, you can swap your tickets at no charge for another performance at a later date on a stand-by basis.
- If your query is not covered by either of the points above, please phone the TSO Box Office on 1800 001 190 to discuss your situation. Box Office management will endeavour to find alternative solutions for subscribers depending upon individual circumstances.
All other ticket buyers:
- Ticket transactions are normally final at the time of purchase, but as a concession to Covid conditions, we are happy to swap your tickets for another performance (not the same program) if you are unable to attend. Simply contact the TSO Box Office no later than one hour before the start of the concert. Either phone the Box Office on 1800 001 190 or call by in person at 1 Davey Street, Hobart. Please note opening hours for in-person and phone enquiries: 10am-4pm, Monday-Friday.