The Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra (we, us, our) is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). We collect and hold your personal information, that is, information about you such as your name, contact details and records of our dealings with you. We collect this information for the purpose of providing our services, seeking support, otherwise engaging with you as one of our contacts, and generally running our organisation.
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it would be impracticable or unreasonable to do so. You may refuse to provide us with some or all of your personal information, however, this may limit the ways in which we can interact with you, and we may be unable to do business with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, such as related organisations, service providers, professional advisers, government and related authorities, as well as your own agents and representatives. In doing so, we may disclosure your personal information to entities outside of Australia, the locations of which differ depending on the circumstances.
We may use your personal information in order to provide you with information about activities and events that may be of interest to you, or to request your support. You may opt out of receiving our communications at any time by asking us using the contact details below.
If you have any questions, comments or complaints about how we handle your personal information, you may contact our Privacy Officer on 03 6232 4416 or at email@example.com.
– to interact with you
– to carry out transactions with you, such as to process payments and donations received by you
– to assess your eligibility to access any of our programs
– to maintain our business records
– to seek donations or sponsorship
– to provide you with information about activities, events and products that may be of interest to you
– any purpose required or permitted by law
– any purpose disclosed to you and to which you have consented
– any purpose that you would otherwise reasonably expect, and otherwise to run our business.
We collect personal information from our customers, members, donors, supporters, business contacts, and other individuals with whom we deal. We only collect personal information by lawful and fair means. We will collect your personal information through our interactions with you, such as where you purchase a ticket to a performance, where we communicate by telephone, mail, email, or when you enter your personal information on our website. In some cases, where it would be unreasonable or impracticable to obtain your personal information directly from you, we will seek to obtain it from a publicly available source, or a third party.
– our service providers, including IT services, insurers, financial institutions, mailing houses, etc.
– our related companies, member organisations and other business partners
– our professional advisers, including lawyers, accountants and auditors
– government, regulatory and law enforcement authorities, and
– your agents and representatives.
We hold most of our personal information on a secure database. The database provider may occasionally need to access any database to provide its service to us.
If you wish to gain access to the information that we hold about you, you may contact us on: 1800 001 190 or email firstname.lastname@example.org We will respond to all requests for access. On the rare occasions when we refuse access, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing access and the provisions of the Privacy Act on which we rely to refuse access. We may seek to recover from you reasonable costs that we incur for providing you with access to any of the personal information that we hold about you.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect, hold and use is accurate, up-to-date and complete, and that the personal information that we disclose to third parties is also relevant. As such, we encourage you to contact us if you believe that any of the personal information that we hold about you is inaccurate, outdated, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. You may request that we correct such personal information by contacting us on the details provided above. We will respond to all requests to correct your personal information. We are not obliged to correct any of your personal information if we do not agree that it requires correction and we may refuse to do so. If we refuse, we will provide you with a written notice explaining the basis for our refusal.
We hold your personal information in both paper-based and electronic files. Electronic information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. In some cases, these facilities may be overseas. We seek to ensure that personal information that we hold is protected from misuse, interference and loss caused by unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Our employees and agents are obliged to treat any personal information held by us confidentially.
Our website utilises “cookies”, which are pieces of data that are stored on your hard drive containing details about your use of our website. Use of a cookie does not provide us with information about you that can be used to identify you, rather, they anonymously track usage of our website, so that we can enhance users’ experience of our website. You may elect to reject cookies and still use our website, however in doing so, you may be unable to access certain pages. We also use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer our website, track use movements on our website, and gather broad demographic data for aggregate use, which we may share with our partners and advertisers. We note that IP addresses are not linked to any information that could identify you.
We may use the personal information that we hold about you, including your contact details, to provide you with information about activities, events and products that may be of interest to you, or to seek donations or support for our activities. You may opt out of receiving all or certain types of marketing information from us at any time by contacting us on 1800 001 190 or email@example.com.
Questions and complaints
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about the way in which we have handled your personal information, or if you believe that we have not complied with our obligations under the Privacy Act, you may contact us on the details provided above. You may also lodge a complaint with the Office of Australian Information Commissioner by calling 1300 363 992 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tickets to Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra (TSO) events are sold by TSO and third parties including ticketing agents and venue box offices. TSO tickets purchased through third parties are subject to the terms & conditions of those organisations which may differ from those listed below.
Tickets sold by TSO as an agent on behalf of an organisation presenting an event are subject to the conditions of the seller and venue.
Attendees must abide by the terms & conditions of the venue in which the performance is held.
TSO adopts the Live Performance Australia (LPA) Code of Practice for the Ticketing of Live Entertainment in Australia, available at here.
Groups of ten or more are eligible for a 10% discount on ticket price. Contact the TSO Box Office directly via email email@example.com or phone 1800 001 190.
Ticket prices are correct at time of quotation or publication but are subject to change at the discretion of TSO management. Single ticket prices may be dynamically adjusted, without notice, dependent upon market demand.
Ticket refunds will not be given except as provided for under the LPA Code of Practice for the Ticketing of Live Entertainment Events In Australia, available here.
- Only Tickets purchased through TSO Box Office as part of a subscription package may be exchanged to another concert in the same season. All other ticket exchanges incur a per-ticket fee.
- Subject to availability and seats comparable to those originally held cannot be guaranteed.
- If original tickets are exchanged for tickets of lesser value no refund will be made.
- Tickets must be exchanged a minimum of 24 hours prior to the concert commencement.
- Original tickets must be returned to facilitate an exchange. Lost tickets cannot be exchanged.
- Tickets purchased through third parties cannot be exchanged through the TSO box office.
- If a concession ticket is used by a customer not eligible for the same concession, the difference between the concession and full rate must be paid for by the ticketholder. This upgrade may be carried out directly with TSO box office.
- If a full-priced ticket is used by a concession holder, the difference in price cannot be refunded.
- Service fees may apply when booking or exchanging tickets with the TSO Box Office.
- Ticket subscriptions processing and our Education programme bookings are currently not subject to booking or postage fees.
- Ticketing fees and charges may be subject to change without notice.
Tickets and merchandise are posted via standard post. Registered or Express Post may be requested for an additional charge. Concession tickets will not be posted.
- Can be held for an agreed period depending upon the time available between booking and concert. Invoices will be issued at the time of booking and prompt payment is required a minimum of 48 hours prior to concert.
- School groups will receive one complimentary teacher ticket for every 20 paying students.
- Cancellation fee of 20% of the total will apply to any booking cancelled 6 weeks or less prior to the relevant concert.
- For more information about the TSO Education program, please click here for more information.
At times the TSO will offer special discounts to selected performances. Relevant proof of entitlement must be presented when booking – whether in the form of a password, promotional code, identification or other measure.
Partial refunds will not be given on tickets previously purchased at full price.
The TSO offers special discounts, promotions, and other opportunities from time to time. These offers can be accessed with a unique. Promotion code which should be entered in the promo code box, or quoted to the TSO Box Office, at the time of booking and exactly as it appears in the offer/promotion.
Subscription Package renewal deadlines will be published when new concert season information is publically announced and will vary from year to year.
TSO will endeavour to seat customers as per submitted request, there may be times that this is not possible due to various reasons such as venue seating changes.
Where a season package has the option of renewing fixed seating the allocation will be held until close of business on the renewal date deadline, after this time they will be released and may be allocated to other customers.
Subscription package change requests will be addressed after the Subscription Package renewal deadline.Seating for these requests is allocated in strict order of receipt and TSO makes no guarantee that all requests can be fulfilled. Where changes cannot be accommodated, subscribers will retain their original seats.
TSO ticket subscriptions can be paid by instalments if booked before the published cut-off date. 10% deposit is taken at the time of the booking and subsequent payments are collected in five equal monthly payments; the first instalment date will be published when new concert season information is publicly announced.
This only applies to the ticket component of subscription packages. Donations or memberships must be paid in full and may be in a separate transaction.
The TSO offers discount and special offers to current subscribers. Subscribers are required to identify themselves as eligible by presentation of their Subscriber Card or by using the assigned promotional code on line to access relevant pricing.
Missing tickets: Please contact TSO Box Office to arrange replacements. If you forget your tickets on the day of the performance please come to the Box Office at the venue one hour before the concert and you will be issued documentation to enable you to gain access to the concert.
TSO box office and third parties selling tickets must sight valid concession before tickets are issued and therefore cannot be posted. Venue staff may check concession identification upon entry to the venue, if valid concession identification cannot be produced, an upgrade to the full price ticket will be required. Available concessions may vary between concerts and venues, or may be based on purchases as part of a ticket subscription or single ticket.
- Concession: Australian Social Security Benefits Card and Companion Card holders.
- Seniors Card holders are eligible for concession price in the Matinee and Family Classics series.
- Student: Full-time Australian students* OR when Child price is not offered, 16 and under.
- Child (when offered): Ages 16 and under. Full-time students⃰, Australian Social Security Card holders, Companion Card holders and Veterans’Affairs pensioners are eligible for concession prices.
- Companion Card holders are eligible to receive one complimentary ticket for the carer who is accompanying them to the concert.
⃰ Full-time students from year 7 and above are eligible to purchase TSO ‘Live it up Live’ cards which give access to concerts with a one off membership fee. For more information click here.
- TSO does not recommend children aged 5 and under attend events other than those specifically designed for them such as Symphony under the Stars, Family Classics and Education concerts.
- Children between 5 and 16 years are charged at full time student concession rate if no specific child price is advertised.
- Parents and guardians need to consider the comfort and enjoyment of other audience members if bringing infants and small children to a performance.
- TSO reserves the right to vary, substitute or withdraw advertised programs, artists, venues and seating arrangements without notice as may become necessary.
- The right of admission is reserved.
- Ticket holders arriving late will not be admitted into the venue’s auditorium until there is a suitable break in the performance.
- Cameras and other recording devices are strictly prohibited.
- TSO is not liable to you for any claims, damages, compensation, losses or expenses as a result of a TSO performance being cancelled, postponed or changed.
- You acknowledge you are responsible for your own safety and property, and the safety and property of any person accompanying you.